Use of Personal Data
What is personal information?
Personal information means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
We use the data collected from our site in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you have requested from us, or which, based on your preferences, we feel may be of interest to you.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
If we disclose your personal information to any of our group companies, they may use it for the same purposes that we may (including so that they can update you on their latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, post or telephone).
Kinds of information that Rockmans collects and holds
We collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for one or more of its functions or activities as set out below. Rockmans is principally a retailer, and carries out number of facilities and functions including shops (off the street and in shopping centers), the internet, promotional material (using various forms including paper and electronic mail outs), credit and other card systems, Lay-By arrangements and reward schemes.
The type of information that we collect and hold includes your name, address, email address, contact telephone number, gender, age and your product preferences.
Sensitive information: we will only collect sensitive information where you consent to the collection of the information and the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our company’s functions or activities. Sensitive information includes, but is not limited to, information or an opinion about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences, criminal record, health information or genetic information.
How Rockmans collects and holds personal information
- Rockmans must collect personal information only by lawful and fair means. We will collect personal information directly from you if it is reasonable or practicable to do so. We may collect personal information in a number of ways, including without limitation:in stores;
- through our website;
- through application forms;
- by email or other written mechanisms;
- over a telephone call;
- in person;
- through transactions;
- through our website;
- through surveillance cameras;
- by technology that is used to support communications between us;
- from third parties, including but not limited to:
- from past and present employers and referees when conducting reference checks, candidates after completing an interview, clients of Rockmans and contract management services in relation to assignments;
- through publically available information sources (which may include telephone directories, the internet and social media sites); and
- direct marketing database providers.
When we collect personal information about you through third parties, it will manage such information in accordance with the APPs.
Much of the personal information that we hold is stored in our database. Our database comprises of hard copy files and/or electronic files in our ordinary IT systems. These may include cloud servers or servers of third parties.
Unsolicited personal information is personal information that we receive which it did not solicit. Unless we determine that it could have collected the personal information in line with the APPs or the information is contained within a Commonwealth record, it must destroy the information to ensure it is de-identified.
Purposes for which the Rockmans collects, holds, uses and/or discloses personal information
We will collect personal information if it is reasonably necessary for one or more of its functions or activities.
The main purposes for which we may collect, hold, use and/or disclose personal information may include but are not limited to providing you with:
- product information;
- a better website experience;
- special offers; and / or
- competition entry information.
You authorise that we are to retain your personal information for the purposes outlined in clause 6.2 until such time that you direct us, using the contact details contained within clause 13 herein, that you wish for this personal information to be discarded.
We may also collect, hold, use and/or disclose personal information if you consent or if required or authorised under law.
If you do not allow us to collect all or some of the personal information we request, Rockmans may not be able to achieve its purposes.
Rockmans will not send you information without your prior consent. If you agree to receive information, Rockmans may contact you via email, post or other forms of direct contact. Rockmans may use or disclose personal information (other than sensitive information) about you for the purpose of direct marketing (for example, advising you of new goods and/or services being offered by Rockmans.
Rockmans may use or disclose sensitive information about you for the purpose of direct marketing if you have consented to the use or disclosure of the information for that purpose.
You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from Rockmans by contacting the Privacy Officer in writing or by following the directions contained within emails from Rockmans and unsubscribing appropriately.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes for which it is was collected, as indicated under clause 6 of this policy, or where it is under a legal duty to do so.
Disclosure will usually be internally, to related entities, candidates, referees, potential and actual employers and clients of Rockmans. Rockmans may disclose personal information to third parties such as contracted service suppliers (CSP). Examples of CSPs include, but are not limited to, financial institutions for payment processing, information technology service providers, marketing and communications agencies, printers and distributers of direct marketing material and external business advisors.
Before we disclose personal information about you to a third party, we will take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the third party does not breach the APPs in relation to the information.
Cross-border disclosure of personal information
Rockmans utilises the services of overseas servers, your personal information may be to overseas recipients for the purposes of cloud storage.
Access to personal information
If Rockmans holds personal information about you, you may request access to that information by putting the request in writing and sending it to the Privacy Officer. We will respond to any request within a reasonable period, and a charge may apply for giving access to the personal information.
There are certain circumstances in which Rockmans may refuse to grant you access to the personal information. In such situations we will give you written notice that sets out:
- the reasons for the refusal; and
- the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
Correction of personal information
If Rockmans holds personal information that is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, it must take steps as are reasonable to correct the information.
If Rockmans holds personal information and you make a request in writing addressed to the Privacy Officer to correct the information, we must take steps as are reasonable to correct the information and will respond to any request within a reasonable period.
There are certain circumstances in which Rockmans may refuse to correct the personal information. In such situations we will give you written notice that sets out:
- the reasons for the refusal; and
- the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
If Rockmans corrects personal information that it has previously supplied to a third party and you request us to notify the third party of the correction, we will take such steps as are reasonable to give that notification unless impracticable or unlawful to do so.
Integrity and security of personal information
Rockmans will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that it:
- collects is accurate, up-to-date and complete; and
- uses or discloses is, having regard to the purpose of the use or disclose, accurate, up-to-date and complete.
Rockmans will take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal information from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If Rockmans holds personal information, it no longer needs the information for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed, the information is not contained in any Commonwealth record and the Rockmans is not required by law to retain the information, it will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to ensure it is de-identified.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group companies.
We will provide personal information about our customers to third parties outside our group companies. These third parties usually help us in providing goods and services to you, and include:
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties outside our group of companies:
- Couriers (who we arrange to deliver goods to you on our behalf).
- Organisations which carry out credit, fraud and other security checks.
- Outsourced service providers (e.g. market research agencies).
- Where We have your express permission to do so.
- Where it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to the disclosure to the third parties.
- In the event that Rockmans sells or buys any business or assets.
- If Rockmans or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rockmans, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We try to limit the information we provide to third parties to the information they need to help us provide goods and services to you. We also enter into contracts with these third parties that require them to meet the privacy standards we set for ourselves in handling your personal information, and use your personal information only for the purposes that we gave it to them.
All Rockmans customers have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties. If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties you should opt-out by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any email communications that we might send you. Alternatively, you may email email@example.com and request your email address to be unsubscribed.
You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at our registered address provided below.
Our Privacy Statement fully complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and represents the industry's best practice.
Noni B Group
61 Dunning Avenue
Rosebery NSW, 2018
Alternatively email us at customercare@Rockmans.com.au
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
You have the option of not identifying yourself, or using a pseudonym, when dealing with Rockmans in relation to a particular matter. This does not apply:
- where Rockmans is required or authorised by or under an Australian law, or a court/tribunal order, to deal with individuals who have identified themselves; or
- where it is impracticable for Rockmans to deal with individuals who have not identified themselves or who have used a pseudonym.
However, in some cases if you do not provide Rockmans with your personal information when requested, we may not be able to respond to your request or provide you with the goods or services that you are requesting.
You have a right to complain about Rockmans's handling of your personal information if you believe we have breached the APPs. If you wish to make such a complaint to Rockmans, you should first contact the Privacy Officer in writing. Your complaint will be dealt with in accordance with our complaints procedure and we will provide a response within a reasonable period. If you are unhappy with Rockmans response to your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.